Month: January 2014

Silk and Leather…

This is the last in the series of photos that were taken in November, unfortunately I don’t have access to rest of them to share .. More will be taken soon hopefully this week as the weather breaks and I have someone available to take them for me..


This outfit is created from 100% silk and 100% Leather.  The silk was obtained from Mood Fabrics and can be found here. The leather was one big hide I think about 23 sq. ft. and that was obtained from Tandy Leathers in Essex Maryland.

The pattern used for the sweatshirt was Vogue 8877 with alternations noted below and the pants were made from McCalls 6404 altering a few of the pieces.

For the shirt I made it a true sweatshirt by adding ribbing to the neck, sleeves, and bottom of the shirt to give it the bunching look.  The bodice of the shirt was also cut on the salvage as it gave the shirt more character, the sleeves were cut from a different silk.

The pants I cut the legging pieces straight instead of diagonal like view C.  Since this leather does not stretch as recommended on the pattern I should have cut it a hair bigger. Some leather is just like woven fabric they do not stretch. If you get it wet you might find it will stretch but it does not bounce back into shape like a true knit fabric.

Would I create the pants again, yes as the style of the legging have lots of character and design alternatives? Another lux sweatshirt maybe not..

Shoes: JCrew
Hair and Highlights: Kier Ross-Johnson for Bangz Hair Salon Montclair NJ


Fancy Smancy Pretty Girl Apron

This is a two-part apron; you can wear it with the self-binding bib or attach it with the three flowered buttons.  The whole bib is made out of washable (in cold water always) cotton and organza decorating the two ties.  The buttons that attach the bib to the skirt are plastic buttons.  This item will be for sale in the Etsy Shop in a variety of cotton fabrics.. You like?

Tease Me with Teal!

I found this beautiful knit fabric in GStreet I knew I had to have it! It was the last three yards on the blot so of course being the #SewingGoddess I am I purchased it all 😉 I self-drafted the high-wasted skirt, the top is a combination of two patterns and the pants are Burda.  The pants actually came out a bit larger in the front and would need more adjustment.. but below are the alterations created for all three..
Top is a combo of two patterns Vogue 8877 for the top portion and for the sleeves I used from dress pattern Butterick 5211.
High-waisted skirt is self-drafted
Pants by Burda 7250 elastic in the bottom cuff versus the cuff of the original pattern.
Clutch DIY — Coming Soon

Ladylike Suit – Peplum

Well after frustrating myself trying to take my own photos all I have are these stills without me wearing the clothes *sigh* anyhoo… This is a two piece suit made with Vogue 1132.. I made the vest initially seen here came out adorable and quite a few decided to purchase this unique vest. I decided I want to make the whole suite our of fabric from GStreet — a wool navy blue wide pinstripe.  I used the pants from a different pattern as I wanted a more straight leg pant.. No alterations to either pattern were made just added a single silver button.

Verified by ExactMetrics